Queer Black Cinema International Film Festival(QBC Film Fest), created by Angel L. Brown-Ross in 2008 is an Avant-garde film festival that will bring you the best films about the Black LGBT experience from around the world. The three-day festival consists of showcasing films by both gay and straight award-winning filmmakers of African descent. The festival also includes industry lead panel discussions and workshops, great networking social events/parties, closing with a prestigious Award ceremony, honoring officially selected film makers. The Annual Film Festival takes place mid- October. All are welcome to attend regardless of their sexual orientation, race or gender. We aim to enlighten, educate and entertain our audience with socially conscious films while providing an open forum for the community-at-large to discuss various issues dealing with the Black community and beyond in a safe environment.
Queer Black Cinema is fiscally sponsored by MIX NYC Experimental Queer Film Festival (MIX) and Gay Men of African Descent (GMAD) a 501 C3 Not-For-Profit Organizations.
The mission of the festival is to:
- Provide a platform for both gay and straight filmmakers of African Descent to present and discuss their work about the Black LGBT experience from around the world.
- Provide solid networking opportunities connecting major resource organizations, major industry professionals with the independent artist.
- Provide marketing/promotions and consulting support
QBC Int’l Film Festival is an entity of Queer Black Cinema Institute (formerly QBC Film Series, New York’s first and only Black LGBTQ monthly micro-cinema.) Since the 2006 launch of the film series, the organization has expanded into several projects created by Angel L. Brown now under the umbrella of Queer Black Cinema Institute:
- QBC Film Festival: Three day Annual Film festival in NY
- QBC College Film Tour: Traveling exhibition of films/discussions
- Just|BE: The Black Gay Erotica 72 hour Poetry & Film Competition on HIV/AIDS prevention/ awareness
- Fades Of Black Women Film Showcase: honoring Black Lesbians Women Filmmakers
- QBC TV Network: Original programming for the web & public cable access television
2010 QBC Film Fest Volunteer Crew
2010 VOLUNTEER FESTIVAL CREW
Angel L. Brown-Ross :: Executive Director/Producer
Ty Whitfield :: Festival Manager
Chris Dawes :: Projectionist
Cameras:: Brenda, Pei Desrosiers, Angel
Nina Kennedy :: Press CoordinatorNathaniel Gibbons :: Summer Intern
Festival Volunteer Assistants
Ladi Sasha Jones Terry Ferguson Damal Edmond
Pei Desrosiers Brenda